Mental health isn’t just an adult problem. Teens and adolescents struggle with their mental health as well. From anxiety and depression to PTSD and bipolar disorder, young people can experience a wide range of mental health conditions. Since they may develop different symptoms and respond well to personalized treatment, mental health services for teens and adolescents can be especially important.
The team at Beyond Healthcare knows how important it is to provide specialized mental health treatment for teens and adolescents. That’s why our programs for young people between 11-17 are specifically designed to help them explore their behaviors and feelings while developing healthy coping skills for a better tomorrow. If your teen is struggling with their mental health, don’t wait to get help. Call 330.621.0725 today to learn about our treatment programs in Ohio.
When to Find Mental Health Services for Your Teen
When your teen is struggling with their mental health, it can be difficult to know where and when to find help. Often, trying to distinguish between normal teenage feelings and significant mental health symptoms can be challenging in itself.
Today’s teens face more challenges than ever, so the rates of diagnosable mental health conditions continue to rise. Some of the situations your teen may be struggling with include:
- Trauma – Many teens have experienced some form of trauma, whether it be due to an event or growing up in a difficult environment.
- Grief – The loss of a loved one, the end of a relationship, or any other significant loss can be complicated to cope with.
- Performance pressure – Academic, athletic, or social pressure can all cause teens to feel like they have to be perfect, which can be extremely stressful.
- LGBTQ-related issues – Whether it’s coming out, discrimination, or simply not feeling understood, LGBTQ teens can often feel isolated and alone.
- Bullying – Being the victim of bullying, or even being a bully, can lead to pain and hurt.
Many other issues can contribute to mental health problems in teens. If your teen is struggling, it’s essential to get them help as soon as possible. The sooner they get treatment, the better their chances are of building a better future.
The Benefits of Mental Health Services for Teens
Mental health services can give your teen the support they need to cope with their challenges. Therapy can help them understand and process their feelings, develop new coping skills, and learn how to make healthier choices.
In addition, therapy can also help your teen build a stronger support system. This could include family therapy to help improve communication and support at home or finding a therapist or counselor your teen feels comfortable talking to.
Available Mental Health Services at Beyond Healthcare
At Beyond Healthcare, we offer a variety of mental health services for teens. These include:
- Assessment & diagnosis – We can help your teen better understand their symptoms and diagnose any mental health conditions they may have.
- Partial hospitalization program (PHP) – Our PHP provides comprehensive support for adolescents and teens struggling with their mental health. PHP groups meet for a few hours, Monday through Friday, as teens work through therapy and psychiatry sessions.
- Day treatment/Intensive outpatient program (IOP) – The IOP at Beyond Healthcare is also called day treatment, where teens meet for a few hours after school on Monday, Tuesday, and Thursday. These days, they work through individual, group, and family therapy.
- Family support – The families of every teen in our programs receive support so everyone in the picture can heal. We help coordinate resources for families as needed and provide family therapy sessions.
- Medication management – We offer psychiatric medication management to help teens cope with any symptoms they may be experiencing.
If you’re unsure what kind of mental health services your teen needs, our team can help determine that. We’ll work with you to create a treatment plan that’s tailored to your teen’s unique needs.