After recognizing that your adolescent or teen is struggling with their mental health, finding them the support they need can be challenging. Not only is there a wide range of treatment options available, but trying to fit everything into your busy schedule can seem impossible. With quality care management services, your teen can get the treatment they need while your family stays organized.
We provide care management services at Beyond Healthcare so your teen and family can stay on track. Through our treatment programs that provide healing to adolescents and teens between 11-17, your young one can learn the skills to build a better tomorrow. Plus, our family support services provide an opportunity for the entire family to heal as one. Call 330.621.0725 to learn more about how care management can help when your teen enters one of our treatment programs.
Common Teen Mental Health Conditions
It’s not uncommon for teens to struggle with their mental health. With more challenges than ever, learning to navigate the world can be a challenge. That challenge is even more difficult when mental health conditions present symptoms that make school, work, and relationships harder.
Some common mental health conditions teens struggle with include:
- Anxiety disorders – Anxiety disorders are the most common mental health condition in the United States. Anxiety can manifest as worry, nervousness, and fearfulness.
- Depression – Depression is a mood disorder that can cause a person to feel persistently sad or hopeless. It can interfere with all aspects of life, making it difficult to know how to move forward.
- Eating disorders – Eating disorders are characterized by an unhealthy relationship with food. This can manifest as an obsessive focus on calorie counting, weight loss, and binge eating or purging behaviors.
- Attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) – ADHD is a neurodevelopmental disorder that can make it difficult to focus, stay organized, and control impulsive behaviors.
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD) – PTSD is a condition that can develop after exposure to a traumatic event. It can cause flashbacks, nightmares, and intrusive thoughts.
- Bipolar disorder – Bipolar disorder is a mood disorder that causes extreme changes in mood, energy, and behavior. These changes can make it difficult to function in daily life.
If your teen is struggling with their mental health, it’s vital to help them find the treatment and support that can teach them healthy coping skills for the future. Knowing where to start and how to keep track of it all can be challenging, which is why care management is so important.
Understanding Treatment and Care Management Services
Treatment for mental health conditions can take many forms. It might include medication, therapy, or a combination of both. Care management is the process of coordinating all the different aspects of your child’s care to ensure they’re getting the support they need to thrive.
Care management services can include:
- Navigating treatment options – There are many different treatment options available, and it can be hard to know where to start. A care manager can help you understand all the different options and find the one that’s right for your teen.
- Coordinating appointments – Keeping track of appointments, medications, and treatments can be difficult. A care manager can help you track everything and ensure your teen gets the care they need.
- Connecting with resources – There are many different resources available for families dealing with mental health conditions. A care manager can help you find the ones that are right for your family.
If you’re not sure where to start, talking to a mental health professional at Beyond Healthcare can help you understand your options and find the right care management services for your family.
The Benefits of Comprehensive Care Management
There are many benefits to having a care manager involved in your child’s care. A care manager can be a supportive presence in your family, helping to keep your teen’s mental healthcare on track so they can experience the benefits of comprehensive treatment.
Some of the benefits of care management services include:
- Reduced stress – A care manager can help take some weight off your shoulders by coordinating appointments, communicating with providers, and connecting you with resources.
- Improved communication – Care managers can help improve communication between you and your child’s healthcare team. This can lead to better overall care for your child.
- Improved mental health – When all the different aspects of your child’s care are coordinated, they’re more likely to receive the comprehensive care they need to improve their mental health.
Care Management at Beyond Healthcare
At Beyond Healthcare, we understand how important it is for families to stay organized when their teen is working through a mental health treatment program. That’s why we offer a wide range of care management services to families dealing with mental health conditions.